Stupid Things People Say to Those Trying to Have a Baby
Stupid Things People Say to Pregnant Women
Stupid Things People Say to New Moms
- "Wow, that's a big head!" - the nurse that helped cut her out of me
- "She has a lazy eye." - a family member at Thanksgiving.
- "Is it a boy or a girl?" Joanna was wearing a pink hat, pink shirt, and jeggings.
- "Mommy, it's a baby! Can I pet it?" "No, you don't pet a baby." - a little boy with his mom.
- [while wearing my Moby wrap] "When I first saw you, I thought 'She has big boobies; poor thing.' Then I saw that it was a baby! How old is she?" - an old lady at Target starting a conversation in the cereal aisle.
- On the same shopping trip, the Target greeter saw me, saw the baby, and immediately approached me and started rubbing JoJo's back while she was in my Moby. Who does that? The wrap means "don't touch my baby". She talked to me about how small babies are and how they love being held, and I tried dropping hints like "yea, she likes to sleep in it, like now," but she just kept rubbing. So awkward.