We're fairly simple people. We have a washer and dryer but no dish washer. We have two cars and no cable TV. We do have high speed internet because c'mon, that's totally a need, right? So when putting together a list of needs/wants/dreams, I'm basing it on suggestions and personal nanny experience. This is our first child so we're still figuring stuff out one day at a time. This is going to be such a cool adventure!!!
As of week 30:
NEEDS - We'll be buying these in phases over the next months.
crib mattress crib sheetsWe have 4 sheets and 2 liners - how many more do we need? diaper bag 8-10 more cloth diapersWe just need about 3-5 more!
- cloth trash-can liner for the diapers
- nursing pads
- Baby Bottles
- Baby bathing products (shampoo, soap, lotion)
- cloth diaper detergent
- toilet sprayer (for cloth diapers)
- breast pump (electronic, not manual)
- baby sling (We have a Bjorn but we'd like to get something she can nurse in. We're registered for a Moby, but anything like a sling or something would be cool. We're still keeping our eyes pealed. They range in price anywhere from $30 to $100, depending on style, brand, etc. I don't mind having a used one either.)
crib set(sheet, liner, blanket, etc) some kind of rubber sheet for the crib(We have 2 so far - do we need more? changing pad(we're turning our dresser into a changing table) gliderwith ottoman (my parents got us a glider, we just need a gliding ottomon.) casserole dish(I'm going to have to learn to cook eventually!)
- Cable Television
- DVDs of Johnny and the Sprites, Baby Einsteins, Little Einsteins, Muppets, and Wiggles.
- A mini-van
- A vacation to Australia