One Hot Prego
I don't know if you knew this, but it's hot outside. It's not just hot - it's HUMID. It's actually going to be hotter in the DC / Richmond corridor than in Houston and Miami, and they're even more notorious for their humidity!
So what's a prego to do? I ain't no doctor, but I do know that my German genes give me the gift of excellent perspiration. Based on my personal expertise, this is what I do:
- Even though I'm swimming in it, cold water for the inside of my body is so delightful!
- I'm a fan of fans.
- Pocket fans, oscillating fans, paper fans, whatever. They all work beautifully.
- Know when it'll be hottest
- Sometimes it's not always hottest between the hours of 11 and 2. I was surprised this morning when the news said the heat index will be worst at 5 p.m. tonight.
- Staying inside/in the shade
- I am one freckly mother so staying inside has always been my natural inclination. I hope to one day be one giant freckle and finally have a tan, but for now I'm enjoying shade and indoor air conditioning.
- Good deodorant
- You're hot enough. You can splurge on the good stuff.
- Don't be afraid to use the deodorant on other places, too (i.e: back, neck, etc).
- Ice Cubes
- When you get a drink at a drive thru, ask for a cup of ice, too. If I'm desperate to cool off, I will literally put ice in my shirt and down my neck. The water doesn't stain and it feels o so lovely as it dries!
- Cooling Stations
- If you live in a bigger city, there will likely be cooling stations set up by the Red Cross or local government to help the elderly, youngins, and those with child. We're at the highest risk for heat related injuries.
- More Water
- It does mean more "Can I use your bathroom?" questions, but I've never been turned down. My lovely lady bump sure helps get the sympathy vote!
- More Slurpees
- Yes ma'am!
|My personal arsenal