C-Sections and a Big Baby Face
Oh my word. Joanna is my clone.
Well, minus the whole "your baby already 9 pounds 15 ounces"
That's one ounce away from being 10 pounds. Holy crap. I'm literally carrying a bowling ball. And not one of those kiddie balls that you send down a ramp - this is a professional grade bowling ball.
(Ultrasound weight predictions are usually within one pound, plus or minus. So she could be between 9 and 11 pounds.. ahhhhh!)
Doc said to consider a C-section at this point because of risks like shoulder dystocia. My uncle broke his collarbone when he was born because he was so large (and he was only 8lbs!). Doc was very calm and matter of fact when she was telling me about these risks and I was calm when hearing about them. But the more I think about it now, I can't imagine putting a baby through that kind of pain when they're already being traumatized by the birthing experience anyway.
If we wanted to, we could schedule a C-section as early as the 17th (4 days from now!) It's so weird to think that we can control when her due date will be. Even though we could have her super soon, we're going to wait until at least her due date to make sure that everything is fully formed. After that, we may wait a bit longer to give her some extra baking time.
I would love a vaginal birth, but I want what's best for her. I can handle the pain. I don't want her to be in pain. I can also wait until she decides she's ready then have a C-section in the hospital. At that point it would be whatever doctor is on call rather than scheduling it for when our doctor is available.
It's a big decision for such a big baby! We'll keep you posted on what we decide.