Before and During Delivery
- NO ONE is allowed in the delivery room except for doctors, nurses, and my baby's daddy. "Unless you're responsible for putting this baby inside of me or taking it out.."
- I will be going drug free for as long as I can handle. I'm not afraid of drugs, nor am I afraid of pain. However, pain sucks. My goal is to get to at least 6 cm au natural.
- I want to take advantage of their exercise balls, hot tub, and any other method used to progress labor before taking an epidural.
- I'm not entirely anti C-section. Doc is still mentioning it at every appointment so its a very real possibility.
- As soon as Joanna Rose comes out, I want her placed on my chest so we can lay skin to skin while daddy cuts the chord.
- I don't want her wearing that hat that they give to every baby; we brought our own :)
- No one in the room after Joanna is born until we give the green light. This includes family. I want our first moments to be just us three.
- No non-family members for the first day.
- If I have a C-section and have several days of recovery, I want at least 2 gossip magazines and fun nail polish. And Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream.
- Ben and Jerry's is currently on sale at Kroger for $2.50 a pint by the way...